Migrating to Arbitrum
Originally created on the Ethereum Mainnet ("L1"), Treasure has since migrated to Arbitrum.
While many L2s exist, Arbitrum was selected for the following reasons:
- Significantly lower gas fees: On Arbitrum, transactions fees and gas are a fraction of the costs on L1. This is illustrated on L2Fees.info which contrasts the costs pertaining to transferring or swapping ETH and other tokens.
- Wide Adoption: At the time of writing, Arbitrum's TVL was nearly US$2B.
- Partnerships: With multiple DeFi transitioning to Arbitrum, it is critical for TreasureDAO to capture this momentum to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Security: Arbitrum has the right balance between speed and security.
The steps below assume you are using MetaMask as your wallet.
On desktop, you can add the Arbitrum Network in two ways:
- 1.Clicking a single button on Arbitrum Bridge
- 1.Ensure you are first logged in to a wallet
- 2.Once you're logged in, click "Add L2 Network" in the top right corner and click "Switch network" in the popup that appears
- 2.Manually by following these steps:
- 1.Click on the MetaMask extension
- 2.Click on “Ethereum Mainnet” network at the top -> click on “Add Network” at the bottom of the menu, and enter the following in the tab that appears:Network Name: Arbitrum RPC: https://arb1.arbitrum.io/rpc Chain ID: 42161 Currency Symbol: ETH Block Explorer URL: https://arbiscan.io
Once you have Ether or a token on Arbitrum, you're ready to buy $MAGIC, the currency of the Treasure ecosystem.